May 20, 2009

About Me

I come from a long line of great cooks. I gained a passion for baking and cooking at a young age watching my mom. When I was a young teenager I decided I wanted to become a chef. I practiced making whatever recipe I could find. When I realized that being a chef meant always working when others were playing–nights, weekends, and holidays–I changed my path. So I headed to health care and am now a labor and delivery nurse-working nights, weekends and holidays. Go figure. Most recently, I am a mom of a little girl who is the apple of my pie.
Although I didn't end up in culinary school, food has remained a passion. I love adapting new and old recipes, experimenting on my husband (who doesn't mind at all).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, just watch out for rotten grapes. Those are one of the worst things out there ;)

[eeny] said...

Love your new hair cut, Sarah.
I am thinking about getting bangs for soooo long now but I haven't been brave enough.