August 18, 2009

Baby Food

If I would have known how easy baby food was to make, I would have been making it long ago. I steamed green beans (then later peas) until they were soft then placed in a blender until the right consistency. I did add a little water to thin it out. You could add formula or breast milk if you would rather. I also added a little rice because I had some.


I saved old baby food containers then labeled and put them in the freezer. You can do this with any vegetable or fruit. Easy! Plus your baby gets used to the way you cook.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

genius!

Steph said...

That works great since they make the plastic containers now... They make all the cool stuff now!!! LOL I used to freeze the baby food in ice cube trays then transfer to ziplocs when frozen. Back in the day... dang my kids are old.