April 21, 2010

Restaurant Review: Sammy's

While driving down Center street in Provo, I have seen Sammy's and keep thinking, "i need to try that place!" It is pretty new and I didn't know much about it. But, I am always up for new things. I was super excited when Sam (aka Sammy) invited my family to come try out their food. He now has three more loyal customers.


Sammy's is located just of Center Street in Provo at 27 North 100 West. Not too far from the freeway exit for all you travelers who need a delicious lunch stop. They have a delicious menu of burgers and fries. 
 

I had Robi's South of the Border Burger. It was delicious. I love guacamole on any burger. But one that is cooked just right makes it even better. 


I also ordered the sweet potato fries - delicious! Some of the best sweet potato fries I have ever had. And Sam introduced us to a new dipping sauce - caramel. I know! But it is good!


While we waited for our famous dessert - we checked out the wall of fans. Hope I am not disclosing anyone's identity. But this place is covered with devoted fans - once we tasted the shakes, we had no question why!


Do not be decieved - that case is where all the magic is born. Pie. Yes a slice of pie goes into the shakes. To be honest, I was a little skeptical at first - but I am converted. Little peices of fruit and crust in each bite! Mmm. And don't worry - they don't blend it too much, you still get the texture of the pie.


Here they are folks. Mode a la Pie! We got half sizes to try more flavors - these are Apple Pie and Banana Cream Pie. Both divine. My favorite was Banana Cream - and I don't usually like Banana stuff.
And you can taste it!

Head over to Sammy's soon. Their famous Pie Shakes (what I call Mode a la Pie) are divine. But they also offer Cup shakes (with Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcakes), malts and more. You can preview the dessert menu here.

4 comments:

Maria said...

The sweet potato fries have my mouth watering!

Liese said...

I love Sammy's! Their shakes are amazing!

Emily said...

Wow! You have me drooling already--I simply must try this next time I'm in Utah county.

Hannah said...

Their shakes....mmmm!