May 11, 2010

German Pancakes

I grew up on a more fattening version of these pancakes - but really the only difference I notice in the final product is that the top of the pancake doesn't have little puddles of butter on the top. Don't get me wrong, they were tasty, but I like this German Pancake recipe just as much. This is delicious served with those delicious berries that are in season.
This recipe is easily halved - sadly, my baby and I eat the whole half recipe. I put this in the oven when we wake up and by the time we are dressed and hair done - it is ready for us to eat. Mmm. Love a delicious, quick breakfast recipe!


German Pancakes
adapted from allrecipes.com
3 Tbsp butter
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt

Place butter in 9x13 baking dish and place in oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine remaining ingredients in blender, blend until combined. Once butter is melted, remove baking dish from oven. Poor in batter. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve with strawberries, powdered sugar, or maple syrup! (or if you are like my husband, all of the above!)

11 comments:

[eeny] said...

Yummy... I made them for the first time I read about German pancakes on your sisters blog. And I am still wondering why they are called German pancakes. I doubt anyone in Germany knows them =)

Sarah said...

Eeny - yes, I guess you in Germany would know.
We call them German pancakes because the recipe i grew up with was from a neighborhood cookbook and that's what it was called in there.

Emily said...

We love making these! So good!

Hannah said...

Yum! I think I may make some today...

Tricia said...

This sounds delicious! Perfect Saturday breakfast for this weekend.
Thanks.

Unknown said...

yummy!! I always forget about german pancakes...so easy, and delicious with fresh fruit.

These are most definitely going on the menu for the week!

Tiffany said...

My favorite!!!

Megilon said...

I made these Saturday morning. They were wonderful!!! And so easy. My husband had them with Maple syrup and I had mine with homemade strawberry jam. Yum!!

Steph said...

This is one of the few things my husband makes... and they are sooooooooo yummy!

Michelle said...

I told my mom I was making German pancakes and she said they had them a lot in Holland. So I did some research, and apparently they are derived from German Apfelpfannkuchen.

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

Hey Sarah,
I featured your pancakes on my blog today!! :) Thanks for sharing this in the Recipe Swap!
take care,
Linda