February 03, 2010

What's in Season - February

I slacked last month. Sorry about that. Even though I am a little late this month, I thought I will try to redeem myself. With these cold months here in Utah, we aren't able to get too much locally, but at least we know these are fresh and not shipped terribly far. Thank you warm states for providing us these delicious produce items.

Here's What's in Season for February:


From left to right (kind of):
Oranges
Cauliflower
Rutabaga (just learned the difference between rutabaga and a turnip is a rutabaga is a cross between a turnip and a cabbage)
Brussel Sprouts
Turnips
Broccoli
Apples
Tangerines (and all family members)
Endive
Grapefruit
Escarole
and Fennel

Enjoy the freshest produce!

3 comments:

Maria said...

So fresh! I love my fruits and veggies. Great post!

Nancy said...

I love saying "on deeve" for those cute little lettuce things.

Amy I. said...

This is a great feature! I've been trying to eat more seasonally, but sometimes it's hard to tell in the grocery store what's seasonal and what's not.