April 13, 2010

Restaurant Review: Cafe Trio

I really have lucked out with the restaurants I reviewed this month. So far - some of the best food in Utah!

Cafe Trio invited my husband and me to try out their restaurant. I was super impressed. The environment was warm yet modern. I was impressed with the knowledge of the servers and the perfect timing of the food. And the food! Everything we ate - we devoured, or wish we could! So delicious. Here's a look at the food we ate.


Creamy Tomato Soup - delicious, tastes so fresh yet so warm. My husbands favorite thing of the night. 
Rosemary Flat Bread - with warm goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers, and caramelized onions. I think this was meant for me - this has all of my favorite ingredients. My husband wanted to lick the bowl (Don't worry, I stopped him, it is too nice of a place to put a bowl up to your face)
Mixed Green Salad - all the ingredients were such a compliment to the other. I was surprised at how much I liked the red grapes in the salad. Fit perfectly.




Baked Penne - a favorite for Trio diners. The chicken was perfectly cooked. I loved trying it. I would never get to make this exact dish at home because my husband won't eat mushrooms. Was a classic dish. Still thinking of the prosciutto in it.
Shrimp Risotto - this was a special for the night, but man! we lucked out. The shrimp was enormous and perfectly cooked. The risotto was fabulous. I am not a risotto professional - but this tasted perfect. Oh! And those leeks. I have never had leeks like that before - yum.
Apple Cobbler - My husband's favorite dessert. The apples were just how I like them - a little on the crunchy side. My mouth is still watering. Mmm. That was good.

Go try out this place. I think I may take my Mom for Mother's Day. Perfect for any lunch or dinner.
Cafe Trio has two locations:
Downtown: 680 South 900 East Salt Lake City, UT
and Cottonwood: 6405 South 3000 East Salt Lake City, UT 

7 comments:

Emily said...

Love Cafe Trio! That rosemary flatbread is super yummy. My fave is their chicken pizza with reduced balsamic glaze. Yummy!

Kristen said...

Your comment about licking the dish made me laugh. It made me remember that time in Rexburg we came to the restaurant you worked at. The people at the table next to us actually gave us some of their food. Only in Rexburg and only with Shawn.

Hannah said...

oh, my. Your pictures make it look amazing. I am going to head over there soon.

Hil said...

You guys are so spoiled in Utah. :) I want that apple cobbler. SO BAD.

Connie said...

I need to try this restaurant! Maybe I should put a bug in my kids ears. Going there for Mother's Day is a great idea!

Rambles with Reese said...

The food looks absolutely delicious and your photos do them justice!

Great opportunity and thanks for sharing your foodie moment.

Mr. Pineapple man said...

I want the apple cobbler NOW!!