April 07, 2010

Restaurant Review: Frida Bistro

Have you heard of Frida Bistro or Rico Products? Frida Bistro was new to me and is pretty new to Utah. It was opened last December by the owner of Rico Products. If you live in Utah you may notice some Rico products in your local grocery store.

Frida Bistro is an upscale Mexican Restaurant. They invited my husband and I to come try out some of their tasty dishes. Everything we tasted was delicious. Nothing would be sent back to the chef. In fact, I wish there was more. My only complaint was that we didn't try the desserts.
Frida doesn't burn your mouth with overly spicy foods, because they want you to be able to taste all the flavors. I was grateful, each flavor was complex and highlighted well.
Frida Bistro was truly some of the best Mexican food I have ever had. My husband, (who lived among Hispanics for 2 years) said the tamale was the best he had ever had. For lunch a dish ranges from $7-14. It is worth every penny!


Instead of chips and salsa they offered these palate cleansers. I wish I could remember what they were made of. The bread had tomato and the cream cooled your palate. The pumpkin seeds had a little spice, just to let you remember that you were about to embark on delicious, flavorful heaven.
We then had an appetizer of turkey mole and handmade tortillas. Perfect.
For our second course we had Poblano soup and a Biznaga and Beet salad (biznaga is  dried, sweetened cactus meat). For our main course we had a vegetarian friendly tamale - it was filled with the goodness of artichokes and asparagus. (And you know how I love those veggies)
Go try it out! So delicious. Trust me, you will be so happy you will "Make Love to you Food"

Oh did I forget to mention... Frida Bistro is giving away a $25 gift certificate to their restaurant! Yes, it is true. You lucky ducks!

Please comment on this post by 11:59pm, Friday, April 9th to enter. Sorry this giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Emily!
for extra entries: (leave a new comment for each entry.)
1. Tweet, Facebook or Blog about and link back to this giveaway. (post the link to verify)
2. Add the Redhead Recipes button to your sidebar. (post link to verify)
3. Become a follower of Redhead Recipes.
4. Become a fan of Redhead Recipes (with name to verify)

Sorry this giveaway is now closed. Congrats to Emily!