July 14, 2009

Mustard Pork Tenderloin

I love the combination of pork and mustard. Here is a little recipe I made up last night.

Mustard Pork Tenderloin
2 lb Pork Tenderloin
3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
½ tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Parsley
¼ tsp Thyme
Salt and Pepper

Pat dry pork tenderloin with a paper towel. Mix mustard, garlic, parley, thyme, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Rub on all sides of pork tenderloin until completely covered. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes. Preheat broiler and place pork under the broiler for about 10-12 minutes on both sides or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes. Cut on a bias and serve.

About this much mustard...

Mix with dried herbs. I use dried because fresh burn so much easier - especially the garlic.

Give that tenderloin a good massage, he needs it. (I did double this recipe because we were having some friends over.)

Doesn't it look delicious? It was.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I might just do this this week with a tenderloin I have in the freezer. Thanks for the idea.

erika said...

I made this last night...it got a double thumbs up from the husband! What a great & easy recipe! Keep 'em coming Sar!

Unknown said...

looks tasty!! love the simplicity!

Miranda said...

N8tr0n made this for dinner on Sunday and Sarah, it was heavenly.

melimba said...

dear sarah,
i know that you will be proud of me. Here's my story: I bought a pork loin at the store and thought to myself, "Surely Sarah will have a great recipe for me to use with it..."

And, alas, I found this one. Aaron's mom makes a mustard pork which involves cutting it up in slices, coating in mustard, then flour and frying it then adding Campbell's chicken and rice soup. You serve it over rice and it is really delicious... but super time consuming to prepare (you know how I hate the prep work).

So, I combined your ingredients + a big can of chicken and rice soup in the crock pot. Crossing my fingers that it will turn out!

There's my novel on your blog comment page. I'll let you know how it goes!!! :)

Go Huskers. Go. :) Hope you're enjoying your new home!
xoxo
melis