2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
all-purpose flour, about 1 cup
6 Tbsp butter
5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 c fresh lemon juice
1/2 c chicken stock
1/4 c brined capers, rinsed
1/3 c fresh parsley, chopped
1. Gather all ingredients, chop parsley, rinse capers, squeeze lemon juice, set aside. In a small dish (or cake pan in my case) combine flour and salt and pepper.
2. Butterfly chicken breasts, then cut in half. If needed, pound chicken so even thickness.
3. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, shake off excess flour
4. In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes.
5. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to cookie sheet or plate. (Can place in warm oven to keep warm, or cover with foil).
6. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner. Remove pan from heat and add chicken to the plate.
7. Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Add salt and pepper if needed. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Place chicken on plates. In skillet add remaining butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley and sliced lemon.
Tips:If you have leftovers, cut chicken into strips and serve on a salad.