May 05, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

I was feeling bad that I didn't have any latin-themed recipe for you. So here is a compliation of some of recipes, incase you need something for your party tonight

Chicken Posole - a delicious, really simple and quick Mexican soup. My husband says it tastes very authentic.
Tex-Mex Salad - a simple salad you can whip up in a flash
Pico de Gallo - yummy salsa
Caramel Cheesecake Flan - I wouldn't leave you without a delicious dessert
Shrimp Tacos with Mango Salsa - make just the tacos or just the salsa, or enjoy them together. mmm.
Cuban Braised Beef - I know, it says Cuban and Cinco de Mayo is a Mexican holiday... but its latin.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thank you for the links! I usually plan ahead for Cinco de Mayo and totally spaced it this time around. I do have chorizo in the fridge so I think we'll do some simple, not-so-authentic huevos rancheros!