August 22, 2011

Grandma's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

We had some new neighbors move in - and what's a better way to welcome someone to the neighborhood than with the best cookies ever?! These are my favorite cookies of all time. Straight from my grandma's cookbook. This is the dirtiest page in the cookbook, that tells you how good they are.
I made a simple tag with this cute stamp. I am glad my sister talked me into buying it. It makes me want to make treats for more people.



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
2 cup quick rolled oats
1 pkg chocolate chips

Cream together shortening and sugars. Add eggs. Add remaining ingredients in order and mix well. Bake at 350 degrees until done. (That's how my grandma wrote it - but for us it is about 12 minutes)

Tips:
Add 3/4 cup chopped nuts if you'd like (and I do!)
I like to go a little lighter on the chocolate chips - like 3/4 of the bag
Use a small spring-loaded ice cream scoop, like this one, to make uniform sized cookies.

9 comments:

Emily said...

That tag is adorable! I love it!

Hil said...

um, I will be making these TOMORROW! Thanks for the recipe. I love the cute tag tied with bakers twine. Too cute!

Jenny said...

That tag is great! I love it. I'm feeling a bit selfish now for making almost identical cookies and tossing the excess in freezer instead of bringing them to our new neighbors...

Carly said...

These look soooooo good! I am going to go through my pantry right now to see if I can make them! And such a cute way of packaging them-darling!

Such a cute blog-will be back often:)

Valerie said...

Gotta try these soon! I never have much luck with Oatmeal cookies, so I'm crossing my fingers that this will be "the" recipe! :)

Hannah said...

Best. Recipe. EVER!

Unknown said...

Where did you buy the stamp? love it!
Just found your blog thru the Hive :)

Sarah said...

Si - it is from Stampin' Up.

Unknown said...

It's been a while....I hope you're well Sarah. Looks great and well packaged! love stampin' and craftin'.

p.s. I'm Having A Super Giveaway - Art Print and Jewelry up for Grabs on my blog!

Don't miss out!
Hugs! Reese

http://www.reesecarrozzini.com
http://www.rambleswithreese.blogspot.com