August 19, 2011

Stuffed Zucchini

Are you all loving Pinterest as much as I am? I love all the ideas I am finding. I have tried new recipes, made fun crafts, and had great ideas for parties (like a baby shower we threw yesterday). I also love the idea of finding things for my dream house, pinning it, and saving it so I don't forget.
I pinned this recipe for stuffed zucchini by Kayotic Kitchen a few months ago. I knew that zucchini would be plentiful and cheap soon. I took their idea, and made my own twist on it.


Stuffed Zucchini

2 zucchinis
4 slices of bacon, cooked till crispy
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp sour cream
1 tsp fresh thyme
2 green onions
salt and pepper to taste
4-6 leaves fresh basil, julienned
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice zucchini length-wise. Scrape the insides of the zucchini, leaving about 1/4 inch shell all the way around. Chop zucchini into small pieces, place in bowl. Chop bacon, garlic, thyme and onions; stir into zucchini, add sour cream, salt and pepper, and basil. Add mixture into zucchini shells. Top with grated Parmesan. Bake 20 minutes, then turn on broiler until top is golden.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Nancy said...

looks yum.When did you find time to create this?

Emily said...

Looks delicious! I'm off to pin the recipe now too!

Gisela said...

I never thought of stuffing a zucchini before. Excellent idea!

Unknown said...

So gonna try so far have made zucchini chips, fries and can't wait to try your creation will let you know what I think thanks for the recipe :)

Marty said...

I will try cooking it on the stove top so I can watch to be sure it doesn't get too dry.