February 24, 2010

Roasted Asparagus

I love asparagus. Although it isn't really in season right now, it had to be on our Valentine's Menu. It may possibly be my favorite vegetable, plus, its an aphrodisiac. Valentine's Bonus. *blush*
Asparagus is great any way (except canned - why would you do that?!).  But my favorite way is roasted. It may be yours too after you taste this and see how easy it is to make it.


Roasted Asparagus
1 lb asparagus, trimmed
2-3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (it's really important to have the flavor)
Sea salt

Turn broiler on. Toss asparagus with olive oil, making sure each entire spear is covered. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt (to your taste). Place under broiler until asparagus just start to brown, about 7 minutes (varies on size of asparagus). Flip asparagus, place under broiler for another 5-7 minutes, until browned.

5 comments:

gigi said...

This sounds wonderful! Asparagus is one of my favorites too! I cook broccoli this way. I don't know why I didn't ever think to cook asparagus that way too. Thanks.

Unknown said...

our favorite is roasted or grilled too. I just love it!

Emily said...

Wow! I've never thought to cook it this way. I'm lame, I know. We usually just do the steam thing (and then I commit probably the worst sin by eating it with a little mayo on the side). I need to give your way a try for sure!

Sook said...

I love roasted asparagus! Simple and easy to make but they taste so good!

Rambles with Reese said...

I've started to roast all my vegetables too. I find that the vegetable retains more flavour that way.

I just did it with mushrooms.

xo